Trinity Women’s Bible Study
This year (2022-23) we plan to study the book of James, which includes taking a close look at
- How we’re called to respond in adversity
- Our search for wisdom, and the character of true wisdom
- The nature of temptation
- The power and purpose of God’s Word
- The habit of good listening
- Our propensity toward favoritism and partiality
- Faith unaccompanied by action
- Taming the tongue
- Desires that evolve into demands that evolve into idols
- The nature of true humility
- The dangers of wealth
- The power of prayer
Morning study: Our 1 hour, 30 mins (10:00-11:30) every Tuesday morning is broken down into different time segments to allow for relational time, study of God’s Word, and discussion/application groups. Every other week, we will use basic Bible study skills to dig into and explore the given passage (“Interactive Study Weeks”). This will allow each participant to interact with and explore the biblical text both individually and in the context of her group. Every other week opposite these weeks, Annmarie Hamling will teach on the same passage, allowing for some group interaction and discussion (“Teaching Weeks”).
Evening study: Our 1 hour, 15 mins (7:15-8:30pm) every other Wednesday night is broken down into different time segments to allow for relational time, study of God’s Word, and discussion/application groups. Annmarie Hamling will teach on the given passage, allowing for some group interaction and discussion.
The study runs from mid-September to late April, with breaks for holidays and school vacation.
- Every Tuesday morning @ 10:00, Alliance Fellowship off 19th and Koch. Tea, coffee, and refreshments provided. Childcare provided.
- Every other Wednesday evening @ 7:15, Petra Academy.
- Your home at your convenience. The Tuesday morning bi-weekly teaching lessons will be recorded, and links of the recording will be emailed to you on Thursdays of Teaching Weeks.
We plan to provide childcare for the Tuesday morning study.
Women are not required to come to every lesson in order to participate in this study. Many women will have other commitments that they must prioritize, such as sick children, work, etc. However, the more consistent your participation, the more you will get out of our time together, on many different levels.
Each Monday before the upcoming study, Annmarie Hamling will email all study participants to remind them of the upcoming study and to let them know what passage we’ll be studying.