The college and career (CC) group is a community for young adults, whether in college, grad school, or early career.
Beauty of Christ: In a season of life where many new interests and pursuits compete for your attention, the CC group holds forth the all-surpassing beauty of Jesus Christ.
Wisdom of Christ: In a season of life when many face important, life-shaping decisions, the CC group points again and again to the wisdom and relevance of the words of Jesus in all of life.
Body of Christ: In a season of life when many are transient and disconnected, and some even feel lonely and directionless, the CC group provides a Christ-centered community to walk beside you.
Our Wednesday night gatherings focus on prayer and a deep reading and lively discussion of biblical narratives. If you are interested in being on our contact list, email email@example.com.
Reformed University Fellowship @ Montana State University Bozeman
Coming Fall 2021
What is RUF?
RUF seeks to be a student community on the MSU campus that strives to reach students of divergent beliefs and experiences with the good news of Jesus’ love and to equip students to serve God and others.
What Will We Do?
We want to reach and equip students through:
- 1-1’s. We believe that Christian love is expressed face-to-face and side-by-side. Following Jesus requires friendship and friendship takes time. RUF wants to encourage and equip students to journey together by pursuing heart-felt, Christ-centered friendships.
- Small Groups. We believe that we were made to know and enjoy God and one-another. To do both of those things, we’ll have small group Bible studies, service projects, and various group activities throughout the school year (e.g., intramural teams, hiking groups, book clubs, etc.).
- Large Groups. We want to create opportunities for all of our students and small groups to come together for celebration, worship, preaching, and prayer on the MSU campus. We also want to connect RUF @ MSU with other RUF’s in the region through conferences and retreats throughout the school year.
What Do We Hope to See?
As our lives are transformed by God’s grace, he invites us to participate in his work of engaging the campus, changing lives, and bringing glory to Jesus. Our hope is to see students at MSU:
- Grow in Grace. We pray that God will bring students to a deeper knowledge and experience of his goodness shown to us in Jesus.
- Deepen in Fellowship & Service. We pray that God will help students grow in their love for each another and seek opportunities to serve the campus, the church, and the Bozeman community.
- Cultivate a Heart for Evangelism & Missions. We pray that God will give students both the desire and the opportunities to embody and proclaim the Gospel, at MSU and around the world.
- See with God’s Eyes. We pray that as we seek Jesus in his Word together, he will give students eyes to see himself, people, and the world the way God does.
Meet Our Team
Cody Janicek will be the RUF campus minister at Montana State. Originally from Austin, TX, he attended Texas A&M University, where he met his wife, Katy, through RUF. Following graduation in 2009, Cody attended Reformed Theological Seminary in Charlotte, NC while Katy did the RUF internship at Johnson & Wales University. Cody received his M.Div in 2013 and was called to start RUF-Global in Prague, Czech Republic. He and his family were there for seven years ministering to students at four different universities.
Cody and Katy have 3 children: Milo (2013), Ollie (2014), and Jonah (2018). As a family, they enjoy camping, hiking, having people over for a good meal and conversation, and college football.